Let’s Get Real is
A community of people with developmental disabilities who live in the Lower Mainland and meet on a monthly basis to connect with potential partners, explore romantic relationships, and have fun!
Let’s Get Real aims to advocate for more social opportunities and greater autonomy of people with developmental disabilities in expressing and pursuing their sexual aspirations.
- Facilitating real life opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to practice social and communication skills essential to friendship and dating.
- Providing a peer-to-peer platform in which people with developmental disabilities can discuss and explore relationships, sex, and sexuality topics.
- Hosting social events in which people with developmental disabilities can meet their potential partner.
- Implementing collaborative practice to create leadership opportunities for participants to plan and facilitate Let’s Get Real events.
- Sustaining the group within the community by building partnerships with sexual health initiatives and community groups.
For more information, please email LGR@buildingcaringcommunities.ca to join our email list and get updated about our upcoming events.
*Please note: this is an open group, no referral is necessary. If you would like to come with a support person, please do. We appreciate RSVPs to our events.